Re: s2ibis2 conversion tables

From: Syed Huq <shuq@cisco.com>
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 17:50:14 PST

Hi,

Just ran it and the example works on Hspice and here are some tips:

1) Make sure you edited the following two fields for hspice:

[Spice type] hspice
[model file] hspice.mod hspice.mod hspice.mod

2) Never translate the entire component model in one shot. Start out by
only doing the Input model to see if you run into any problems. Then
uncomment the other pins to do the rest:

[Pin]
1 gnd gnd GND
2 tri_in in1 input
3 tri_in in2 input
4 in in3 input
5 enable enable input
6 clmp_gnd clmp_gnd GND
7 clmp_vdd clmp_vdd POWER
|8 nc nc NC # All these are
|9 out out3 driver # commented out
|-> 4 #
|10 tri_out out2 tristate_driver #
|-> 3 5 #
|11 tri_out out1 tristate_driver #
|-> 2 5 #
12 vdd vdd POWER

3) Hspice will not converge on the IBIS specified range of -Vdd to +2Vdd.
You need to edit the .spi files to change the range.

Once you follow the 3 steps above, just sit back and let the tool do the rest.
It's that easy..

Regards,
Syed
Cisco Systems, Inc