Re: IBIS Series MOSFET Models - questions

From: Mike LaBonte <mikelabonte@cadence.com>
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 06:14:46 PDT

Stephen,

The figure in the IBIS specification is electrically equivalent to yours,
although your version is easier to understand, in my opinion. The spec
shows two swept sources with a DC offset between them. I prefer your notion
of one fixed source and one swept source, closer to the hardware that would
actually be used.

I would like to see the diagrams also showing the attachment of the gate to Vcc,
since it currently appears that the entire circuit just floats up and down with the
sweep voltage. Then again, maybe the swept source should be attached between
the source and gate, since we are attempting to sweep Vgs.

By the way, has anyone found one of these series switch models available for
public use?

Mike