RE: ibis VT curves

From: Todd Westerhoff <twester@hhnetwk.com>
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 07:11:42 PST

WOW.

Katja, I owe you one. And, I amend my earlier statement.

Your point is entirely correct - IBIS specifies the 20-80% range. And, so
does SPECCTRAQuest, as it turns out. The dT in the model's ramp declaration
is for the 20-80% transition time, NOT the overall transition as I earlier
stated.

The implications are substantial. A dT of 1nS means the entire output
transition takes 1.66 nS, NOT 1 nS as I thought. And, the same rationale
would apply for the dV declaration, although SPECCTRAQuest doesn't seem to
use that information when V-I curves are present.

THANK YOU for correcting me. We have been using SQ "linear models" to
define target buffer requirements, and now understand what the REAL required
edge rates are.

Thanks again!

Todd.