RE: help with ibischk3 warnings and min data

From: Ingraham, Andrew <Andrew.Ingraham@compaq.com>
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 10:12:05 PST

> For your point 2), I'm not sure what I should be comparing my VT data with
> (ie. which part of the VI data). I think I'm still unclear on what the
> warning message means.

It means that the steady-state parts of the V-T data were not consistent
with what they should have been, based on the V-I data.

The endpoints are the first and last values in the V-T table. For rising
edges, the first point should have the driver at steady-state low. The last
point ought to be far enough out on the rising edge so that most transient
effects have died out. This approaches a steady-state high. The
steady-state low and high values can be calculated from the V-I data, in
conjunction with the load resistance and pull-up or pull-down voltage. It
is complaining that the values are not as close as they should be.

Andy