Modeling AC coupled inputs and outputs

From: Rex Baird <rex@silabs.com>
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 12:00:30 PDT

I'm trying to construct an IBIS model for a component with AC coupled
differential inputs and AC coupled differential outputs.

Since the AC coupling is outside the chip is this something I must
handle in
the model or is this handled by the user who creates system simulations?
am most concerned about how the AC coupled inputs are handled. The
input buffer establishes the DC bias point after the coupling capacitor.
How
is this accounted for in the IBIS model?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rex Baird
Silicon Laboratories, Inc.