Re: Drive-on-demand

From: Bob Ross <bob_ross@mentorg.com>
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 11:05:09 PDT

Fabrizio:

Initially I thought that the [Submodel] Bus_hold could be
configured to create the model. However, what is needed
is a trigger that turns off a submodel driver, rather than
turns it on.

DC suggested creating a "negative" impedance driver to
accomplish the same effect. The driver would be
switched in, and the negative impedance in parallel
with the existing driver impedance would create the
effect of a higher impedance driver. I cannot think
of a good way to do this without causing some other
bad interactions.

Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics