RE: Simulation resolution weirdness

From: Ingraham, Andrew <Andrew.Ingraham@compaq.com>
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 05:13:13 PDT

There are limitations and imperfections in all circuit simulators. (You
didn't mention which simulator program you are using, which might help
others to help you.) Some programs are better than others. These problems
can be finicky and difficult to avoid.

Yours sounds like a "numerical oscillation" problem, which occasionally
happens in SPICE or SPICE-like simulators. In your case, it apparently
happens to be made worse by certain time resolution settings. There are
likely some controls (such as the Method=Gear vs. Trap setting in SPICE)
that may help here.

Regards,
Andy