RE: zero risetime in the IBIS model

From: Dunbar, Tony <tony_dunbar@mentorg.com>
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 08:33:56 PDT

Jason,

One subtle point here is whether, or not, the [Model] that has this dV/dt_r
parameter also has waveform tables. If it does, the [Ramp] parameters should
be ignored by the simulator, anyway.

Neverthless, as has been suggested already, I would also strongly encourage
you to throw the model back at the vendor that supplied it.

This sort of clumsy or outright bad modeling continues in part, I believe,
because we, as consumers, tweak this and change that without letting our
suppliers know they are producing garbage. Sorry to rant on, but this is a
pet subject of mine because it wastes too much of my time and WAY TOO MUCH
of my customers' time. If it was a part for my car brakes that didn't quite
fit, what would I do? Closer to the point, if it was a VHDL model that
wasn't quite right and the ASIC didn't work, what would you and your
management do.

Signed,
Mr. Angry
(Tony Angry, that is!)