RE: zero risetime in the IBIS model

From: <Aubrey_Sparkman@Dell.com>
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 11:44:57 PDT

Jason,
Yes, I have seen a simulator go nuts and produce a very strange meaningless
waveform. Problem went away when the [Ramp] data was corrected.

ramp data matching the VT data means that they should agree, both come from
time-based data, perhaps even the same load.

From a purist point of view, I'm not an IBIS expert and I don't want to
change the data my supplier gives me. But if your boss wants results NOW
with your best GUESS, as another suggested, you can build your own Ramp data
from the V/T data. Use the Rising Waveform for the dV/dt_r (R_fixture to
ground if there are two). Use the Falling Waveform for the dV/dt_f
(R_fixture to V_fixtuer if there are two).
dV=0.6*(Vmax-Vmin)
dt_x is the difference in time between the 20% and 80% voltage points.

Good Luck!

Aubrey Sparkman
Signal Integrity
Aubrey_Sparkman@Dell.com