Re: output impedance of a driver

From: Jason Leung <jleung@cid.alcatel.com>
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 11:17:01 PDT

Hi Muranyi, Arpad:
Thanks for your advice!
one more question I would like to ask you: because I have been asked from
my colleague to use
XTK/XNS to find the output impedance of the driver, I know that in the
spawn -> VI viewer ,
we can import the corresponding .wvi curve to observe the waveform.
Among all those waveform, you can just pick on one waveform, and then do a

delta x and delta y function, then you will be able to find the impedance.

However, there are so many curves I have to choose(shunt and high, shunt
and low and many
many more) , do u know which one I have to choose for an accurate
approximation of the
output impedance of the driver .
The whole point here is , since I know I can find the output impedance of
the driver in the IBIS model
I also wanted to try and find the output impedance of the driver in the
XNS (QUAD) model ,so that
I am able to compare what we have before the simulation and after the
simulation( i.e. how the XTK/XNS
interpret the output impedance of that driver ).

thanks alot
Jason Leung