built in termination

From: Chris Burton <chris.burton@xanoptix.com>
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 06:52:34 PDT

This might be a simple question, but I couldn't find it in any of the
documentation...

Can IBIS model an input with a build in termination?

I created a model with the termination in the spice simulation (for
s2ibis). The ibischk3 didn't report any problems with it. But when I
simulated it in Hspice, first Hspice complained that the current wasn't
0 at gnd (for gnd clamp) and 0 at vdd (for power clamp). The resultant
waveforms were the correct shape but offset from the proper voltage (I
ran the transistor version of the input in the same circuit for
comparison).

I then removed the termination and recreated the ibis model. I
resimulated with an external termination in Hspice (but connected
directly to the input node) and everything matched fine.

--
Chris Burton Cad Support
603-546-0617 chris.burton@xanoptix.com