arbitrary length in ebd files?

From: Kris Young <kyoung@phaseiv.com>
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 07:42:46 PDT

Hello:

I have a question about path descriptions in electronic board description
(ebd) files (IBIS 3.2). I'm wondering how to get an accurate simulation of
signal reflections when the path length is given in terms of an arbitrary
length. It seems like running an accurate SI simulation will require an
estimate as to what factor to scale the path lengths by to get them to match
the device specified by the ebd. Why isn't there a way to specify a scale
factor in the ebd file? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Kris Young
Phase IV Systems, Inc.