another ebd modeling question

From: Kris Young <kyoung@phaseiv.com>
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 15:01:41 PDT

I have one more question for the IBIS gurus out there. I'm using Pspice to
model a signal path from an EBD file. I've figured out everything except
what to do when the length is zero and there's an L and a C. When I look at
the classic lumped lossy line (taking R=0 and G=inf), the series L comes
first and then the parallel C. However, when I look at the classic lossless
case, the parallel C comes first, and then the series L.

Since the impedances of these configurations differ, which one should I use.
I can only guess, but it should be clearer than that, right? Would the
lossy case be the one to use, even if there's no R?

Thanks again,

Kris Young