Re: Temperature variations

From: Scott McMorrow <scott@vasthorizons.com>
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 09:42:17 PDT

Jerry,

You are correct. An IBIS model is extracted at a process corner with
a fixed temperature. It is possible to perform multiple extractions at
various temperatures for each process corner and create multiple
IBIS models to show this behavior ... although this is not normally done.

What is normally done is that a behavioral model is extracted for CMOS
under the following conditions:

fast-n, fast-p, low temperature
nominal-n, nominal-p, room temperature
slow-n, slow-p, high temperature

If there is some reason to have extractions at more than one temperature
for each process corner, then separate IBIS models could be extracted.
These models would then be valid at those new temperatures. Normally,
if device behavior is linear with respect to temperature, then it should
only be necessary to perform the extraction at the temperature extremes,
as is usually done.

regards,

scott

--