Re: Package Parasitics

From: Mark Bossard <mbossard@atmel.com>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 06:10:28 PDT

I agree with Syed...

The ASIC house I work in does supply ibis models to our customers that
are simply an ibis model for one I/O buffer. They are many times left
without package RLC so they can be filled in depending on the package
that is used.

-Mark Bossard
Atmel Chesapeake Design Center

Syed Huq wrote:

> One reason could be is that a ASIC vendor is simply creating "buffer only"
> models without any package parasitics. Once the ASIC is defined(with package)
> then you create the full IBIS model with all the individual buffers along
> with the package parameters..
>
> For a commercially available component, it does not make sense to have
> a model without the package parasitics.
>
> Syed
> Cisco Systems, Inc
>

> > > I have found other models that have these values set to zero:

> > > Can you explain why these values are used, i.e. why the model would be
> > > realistic with no package parasitics?
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Jay Azurin
> > > Motorola NetComm Applications

| Mark Bossard                     |                                   |
| Direct Phone: (410) 872-9267     | Atmel Corporation                 |
| Main Phone:   (410) 312-4400     | Chesapeake Design Center          |
| Fax:          (410) 312-4424     | 6740 Alexander Bell Dr, Suite 100 |
| Email:        mbossard@atmel.com | Columbia, MD 21046                |