Re: What determines Vref & Rref, R_fixture & V_fixture?

From: Mike LaBonte <mike@labonte.com>
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 12:11:05 PST

Greg,

If the standard delay test for your part requires only
a capacitive load, then give C_ref but omit R_ref and
V_ref. Use the latter only if the buffer must be tested
with a pullup or pulldown resistor. You will have to
choose just one capacitive load to give as C_ref. But
this should be the load that was used to make measurements
that went into the timing info for the part.

R_fixture and V_fixture have been discussed before on this
list, but I think the best advice (from Stephen Peters)
was to consult the latest IBIS Cookbook linked from:

  http://www.eigroup.org/ibis/tools.htm

You will not find "R_fixture" in there, but Table 1 gives
recommended values for waveform fixtures.

Mike LaBonte