Re: new ibischk3 V3.2.6

From: Kim Helliwell <khelliwe@acuson.com>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 11:06:24 PST

I have another perspective. This problem is almost certainly caused
by diode models in the SPICE netlist that are "ideal" models; that
is, there is no series parasitic resistance (RS) specified.

And I think it's more than reasonable for the IBIS community to demand
that suppliers of SPICE or IBIS models do not use such ideal components
in the model. This is a well-known SPICE trouble spot, and anyone who
still perpetrates that sin appears to me to be a rank amateur. It causes
me to wonder what other inaccuracies exist in the models that exhibit this
problem.

Kim

--
Kim Helliwell