Re: new ibischk3 V3.2.6

From: Scott McMorrow <scott@vasthorizons.com>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 12:25:34 PST

Kim,

The problem may be due to ideal diodes. Or it may be due
to a voltage sweep which is beyond the operational limits of
the device, where the device and the spice model breakdown.
In essence, a spice to Ibis extraction can easily drive the
transistor models of the device beyond their assumptions that
the models are based upon.

At SiQual, when we create models from Spice, we make sure
to limit these overcurrents in the final model by truncating the
curves at a reasonable point, well beyond the normal operating
range of the device.

Then, to be sure, we correlate the ibis simulation results obtained
with the model to spice. (In a "real" reflected wave transmission line
circuit.)

In the future, we will begin "closing the loop" by performing
correlations of real devices in test boards.

regards,

scott

--
Scott McMorrow