rising/falling waveform granularity

From: Stephen Muller <Stephen.Muller@eng.sun.com>
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 11:17:16 PST

Hi,

I am new to the IBIS game so pardon my simplistic question. At present I am
having an issue with s2ibis2 and how it generates the rising/falling waveform
tables. I edited the .spi files for the rising waveform so that data is taken
every 50ps for the first 5ns. Then I set the simulation time to 5ns. The
individual .out files that result contain the information I want in my table but
when the .ibs file is written, the granularity is 100ps instead of the desired
50ps. The specification states that 100 points can be in the table but the
table only has 50 points in it. Last time I checked 50ps into 5ns is 100.

My question is: How can I set up(or manipulate) the s2ibis2 run so that I get
the granularity that I want? Also is there an archive of e-mail that I can
browse to see if this was discussed in the past?

Thank you,
Stephen

  Stephen Muller
  Electronic Component & Interconnect Technologies
  Engineer
  Phone: 650-786-3374 or x83374
  e-mail Stephen.Muller@eng.sun.com

M I C R O S Y S T E M S