Lack of Manufacturer keyword

From: Scott McMorrow <scott@vasthorizons.com>
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 09:44:02 PDT

All,

I do not like the dual purpose use of the [Source] keyword. It is used to record the manufacturer's name, and the place and method
from whence the model was created. This mixes two pieces of information that are both useful. I propose addition of another
keyword:

[Part Manufacturer] which can be used to contain the name of the manufacturer of the part. This will make it very easy to search
for manufacturers in a database of connector models and makes the manufacturer of the part unambiguous.

[Source] then becomes the source of the information for extraction, which might also be some person or organization other than the
connector manufacturer.

regards,

scott

--