RE: Note on Rev

From: Peters, Stephen <stephen.peters@intel.com>
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 10:56:04 PDT

Hi Scott:

  In regards to point 1) below -- the case I cited was a production file and
not an example. I find it very reasonable to include something like "To use
this model your simulator must support the [XYZ] keyword" in the notes
section. I don't think we can forbid someone from doing so.

  On point 2) -- The futures committee has discussed requiring [End] type
keywords for text blocks (in addition to the ones already there for major
sections). Note that to be consistent an [End Block] keyword would have to
follow [Notes], [Source], [Disclaimer], [Copyright], [Support] and
[Redistribution Text]. I'm not mortally opposed to adding new keywords that
serve only to aid parsing or delimit text, but at some point we end up with
keyword clutter.
  Is the real issue here simply trying to find a way to make a long file
more understandable and/or easily parsable by the human eye? Is indenting
the best way, or are there other ways to get the file to read smoothly?
Understand, I think you raise a legitimate concern. I'm just wondering
what's the best way to solve it, and at what cost.

  Regards,
  Stephen