Re: Note on Rev

From: Alan Hilton-Nickel <ahilton@transmeta.com>
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 10:24:21 PDT

I'm glad the IBIS and IBIS-X committes are looking at backward
compatibility.

However, there is a required keyword in the IBIS spec called [IBIS ver].
Seems to me it should be pretty straightforward for a parser to treat
old files as requiring the column 1 limitation, while allowing and [End
Notes] keyword at the end of a [Notes] section in future versions.

Thanks for bringing this up, Scott. This limitation has bugged me for a
while, as it has anyone with a programming background (which should be
the majority of us!)

Alan Hilton-Nickel
Transmeta Corp.