Re: Differential output buffers

From: Syed Huq <shuq@cisco.com>
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 14:53:00 PDT

Bill,

If you can run a SPICE simulation for a Diff output, you can use s2ibis2 to do
the translation. Even if s2ibis2 does not support a specific keyword to achieve
this, you can put all the necessary SPICE syntax in the .sp file or even in
the .spi file generated by s2ibis2 to handle it.

It just takes a little bit more of an effort.

BTW, s2ibis2 was written to support IBISv2.1 which has poor support for any
type of Diff Outputs.

Syed
Cisco Systems, Inc

> From: "Bill Clifford" <bvc3@prodigy.net>
> To: <ibis-users@eda.org>
> Subject: Differential output buffers
> Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 13:40:21 -0700
>
> Hello. I'm trying to convert a SPICE model of a differential output buffer to
an IBIS model. I've been using s2ibis2 for other models, but this doesn't work
for the differential. What other tools are available that would be able to do
this? Or do I just have to process the SPICE data myself into the IBIS format?
Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.