RE: How can I do IBIS modeling

From: Peters, Stephen <stephen.peters@intel.com>
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 08:46:17 PDT

Hi Suresh:

   To answer your question -- you *might* be able to develop an IBIS 1.1
model from a component data sheet, but most likely the resulting model would
not be very useful. The best way to create a model is start with a
transistor level circuit and then do simulations into the proper test loads
to extract I-V and V-T curves for the output (among other information).
Alternatly, if you have a physical device, you can measure the revelent
parameters and create a model from measurment data.

   For more detailed information I encourage you to visit the IBIS website
and download a copy of the IBIS modeling cookbook. It can be found at:

  http://www.eigroup.org/ibis/tools.htm

  Regards,
  Stephen Peters
  Intel Corp.