AW: rising and falling time in IBIS and XTK

From: Lenski Eckhard <Eckhard.Lenski@icn.siemens.de>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 06:48:46 PST

Jason,

You have to be aware, that in IBIS the rise and the falltime are only for the specific waveform.

When You look at the QUAD-Model, there is one risetime and one falltime for both rising/falling curves.

What happens is that if there is a delaytime for the lets say rising to GND waveform compared with the rising waveform to vcc, this delay will be added to the QUAD overall risetime.

In other words:
for IBIS

rise 50 gnd starts at 0ns and end at 5ns ( risetime will be 5ns )
rise 50 vcc starts at 0.5ns and ends at 6 ns ( risetime will be 5.5ns )

but the risetime in QUAD will now be 6ns

I hope this solves your problem

Eckhard

Eckhard Lenski
Siemens AG ICN M TC 6