more on ibischk3 errors

From: Stephen Muller <Stephen.Muller@Sun.COM>
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 15:46:58 PST

All,

I am trying to validate an IBIS file that I created from s2ibis2. I am
comparing the simulated IBIS file(using Cadence tools) versus the simulation
results obtained in spice. At present the IBIS simulation doesn't quite reach
the same high value as the spice. I ran the ibis file through ibischk3(which I
don't believe is used by the Cadence software that converts an IBIS file to a
DML format). This gave me errors that several people have commented on, namely
that the endpoint values obtained from the Rising/Falling waveforms don't match
those obtained when an equivalent load applied to the model's I-V tables.

What type of things should one look for when they get these errors? How is
ibischk3 calculating what values should be obtained from the I-V tables for the
endpoints? And how does ibischk3 decide if there is an error? It reports back
by what percentage the values are off, but how close do these have to be to
avoid an error?

Thanks,
Stephen Muller

  Stephen Muller
  Electronic Component & Interconnect Technologies
  Engineer
  Phone: 650-786-3374 or x83374
  e-mail Stephen.Muller@eng.sun.com

M I C R O S Y S T E M S