Re: AW: different rising and falling Ramp dV

From: Mike LaBonte <mike@labonte.com>
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 05:30:51 PST

Katja,

I searched through the IBIS spec, and at the very end there is indeed
a description of what you have stated. I should have remembered this,
but the issues of IBIS 1.1 seem so far in the past.

Al's comment about simulator differences is no doubt true. So we have
at least 2 areas that simulators possibly handle differently:

1) IBIS models with no waveforms, and different Ramp dV for rise and fall.
2) IBIS models with waveform endpoint that do not match the I/V curves.

Maybe I have missed others, like C_comp de-embedding? Anyway, from now on
I will be more watchful of simulations involving models without waveforms.
Correlating has never been optional, I suppose, for any model. With luck,
all of the models I see from now on will have waveforms and perfectly
matching I/V curves :-)

Mike