RE: Spice to IBIS conversion - 25 ohmns vs. 50 ohms

From: Peters, Stephen <stephen.peters@intel.com>
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 12:24:51 PST

Hi Stacy:

  I'm not sure what your contractor means by 'don't look right', but in
general a 25 ohm load means a reduced output voltage swing. This may be a
problem if your are trying to capture a detailed VT curve and the transition
is so small you have to make the time step very small to get any detail.
Also, (and this may be more important) assuming the device your modeling is
intended to work into a 40-60 ohm load (i.e. a typical PCB trace), then VT
curves taken with a 50 ohms load will reflect device operation better than
ones taken at 25 ohms. If I were you I'd enquire further about what doesn't
look right with the waveforms into 50 ohms.

  Regards,
  Stephen Peters
  Intel Corp.