ac analysi to ibs model

From: Wenqing Zhang <wqzhang@avanticorp.com>
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 18:38:14 PST

hi, all,

firstly, thanks for your reply and help to my yesterday's question.
now my question is the following:

I ran a AC analysis to a "output" buffer with Star-Hspice, but
simulation results of the ouput termination of that out buffer were
zero.
I think the reasons are the following:

     AC source is in the input terminal of that output buffer, but the
     input part has no electrical relation with pullup circuit,
pulldown circuit,
     power clamp circuit, ground clamp circuit in frequency domain.
     this will lead to that PU, PD, PC, GC circuit have no AC source, so

     the output of that out buffer is zero in AC frequency analysis.

in fact We did a AC analysis to a "input" buffer with Star-Hspice,
simulation results also were zero.

I think we can't do ac analysis to ibs model version3.2.
Perhaps AC source should not be placed in the input terminal of buffer.
where should we place ac source?

perhaps we should increase four frequency response curve in ibs model.
that is corresponding to PU, PD, PC, GC circuit.

How do you think about it?

thanks for your help.

I am not a member of ibis-user, so pls email to:
wqzhang@avanticorp.com

how can I become a member of this group? who teach me?

best regards,
wenqing

--
Thanks