Clarification needed.

From: <Anbu@scmmicro.co.in>
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 23:48:13 PDT

Hello Users,

        I am using XTK to simulate a PCBA. The board has a 100pin ASIC. In
order to model the ASIC properly I need the IBIS model of the ASIC which I
can convert it to XTK format. Now if I directly request for an IBIS model
the vendor may hesistate. So I am requesting the following data from the
vendor with which I can create a IBIS model. Below is the data I am
requesting them. Is it OK. Does it cover everything necessary to create a
proper IBIS model?. The ASIC does not have any clamp diodes. Please reply.
The following data whichever is applicable for each pin of the ASIC are
needed
 1. Package parasitics namely, the Resistance, capacitance and Inductance.
Typical, max, min values required.

2. Die capacitance as seen at the die pad. Typical, max, min values
required

3. Output impedance of the I/O buffers. Typical, max, min values required.

4. Rise time and fall time values (dv/dt typical, max, min) of buffers
excluding the effect of packaging but including the effect of die
capacitance. Load conditions required.

6. Rising edge and falling edge waveforms (Voltage vs. time curve with the
voltage values having typical, max, min values) of the driver along with
the test conditions.

5. V/I characteristics of Pull up and Pull down resistor, if present, when
the buffer is driven high and low respectively. The voltage sweep must be
from ?3.3V to +6.6V. Current measurement with typical, max, min values are
required.

Thanks,

Anbazhagan.