RE: Required data in IBIS Models (was Re: Clarification needed.)

From: Dagostino, Tom <tom_dagostino@mentorg.com>
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 09:20:02 PDT

Vmeas is used by the simulator to determin the delay of the output stage
driving the manufacturer's reference load to the measurement voltage
(Vmeas). The prop delay of the part is specified into this load also. The
simulator is trying to do a timing analysis, time of flight, which includes
the time of the driver and the time of the trace on the board. This
information is used when analyzing total delays so that overall system
timing can be verified.

Tom Dagostino
Modeling Manager
Mentor Graphics Corp.