R package parameter (why we have it)

From: Kellee Crisafulli <71436.1314@CompuServe.COM>
Date: Sun Aug 29 1993 - 23:00:02 PDT

Hello IBIS
  I would like to comment on the past couple of Emails regarding why we
have an R package parameter. I agree that it is not exceedingly useful for
standard IC packages it is however useful for MCM's. If we get to the
point in the near future where more MCM's are treated as IC's by design
engineers than we will want to address them with IBIS. Along that vein of
thought the R package can now be significant due to the long 'Al'
interconnects possible on an MCM -> larger R. The would also need to be
distributed.

  Along the line of treating C package as a distributed element, HyperLynx
agree's and has been doing this since day 1 in our model. The C pin is
treated as a lump though.

                                        Best regards to all; Kellee