Re: Package Parasitics continued (fwd)

From: Christopher E. Reid <cer@Cadence.COM>
Date: Fri Oct 01 1993 - 14:40:51 PDT

Responding to Bob Canright who writes:
... what I have put into my
proposed spec is both the RLGC info & a spice deck. The RLGC info is
useful for thinking purposes. The spice deck is what we need for
simulation. No one wants to build a spice deck from an RLGC matrix.
A "cut & paste" approach is needed for productivity.

My focus is on automatic tools using this data. Also, some people
may indeed want to build a SPICE deck from RLGC matricies if the
version of SPICE they are using includes a multi-conductor
transmission line simulator, or some other element that uses
RLGC matricies directly.

I have no objection to allowing SPICE data, but RLGC is essential
for automatic processing.

Chris Reid