IBIS summit

From: Will Hobbs <Will_Hobbs@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Fri Oct 01 1993 - 17:34:12 PDT

Greetings, fellow Ibisers!

At our June gathering at DAC, we discussed convening an IBIS summit in the Fall.
At the September 10 meeting we tentatively set November 12 in Santa Clara as the
time and place, to coincide with the ICCAD conference that week. I have secured
a room that can accomodate up to 50 people at an Intel site for such a
gathering. I have also secured one for November 11. Please give me your
feedback on the following questions:

1. Can you/will you attend? How many will come with you?
2. Is November 12 OK? Is November 11 better (ICCAD will still be in session on
    the 11th)?
3. Do you have a suggested format (my suggestions appear below).
4. Are you willing to present? Chair a discussion?
5. Do you have any hot topics you would like to see addressed?

Suggested format:

Morning

8:00 - 8:20 Assemble, mingle, drink coffee, etc.
8:20 - 10:00 3 or 4 individual presentations, 20 to 30 minutes each.
10:00 - 10:20 Break
10:20 - 12:00 3 or 4 individual presentations, 20 to 30 minutes each
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch, mingle, possible showcase (we can have tables set up to
              show individual vendors' products, etc.

Afternoon

1:00 - 2:30 Breakout sessions
2:30 - 2:50 Break
2:50 - 5:00 Breakout sessions

Possible topics for individual presentations:

     * What your company is doing with IBIS, how it is tackling IBIS challenges
     * Where you think we need to go with IBIS
     * New technologies/areas you've tackled with IBIS (MCM, ECL, ...)
     * Customer input, feedback
     * Plans you would be willing to share
     * Areas of current exploration (e.g., Arpad's 3D modeling)
     * Model development, validation methodologies
     * Auto-extraction of V/I and other IBIS data from SPICE simulations,
       silicon
     * Models available
     * Other (Specify) ___________________

Breakout Sessions

There are two ways to handle these:

1. Have panel discussions in the main room in which all participate
2. Have small groups congregate in separate areas of the room to discuss
    various topics while other topics are being discussed in other small groups.
   (If the small group breakout is the preference, I may be able to
    get some other small conference rooms to use for these, but I can't promise
    it.)
3. Other suggested formats?

Potential Break-out topics:

1. .pkg extensions
2. ECL
3. Open-side, pahsed turn-on, turn-off of multiple devices
4. Paser enhancements
5. Monotonicity, hysteresis, etc.
6. Data derivation methodologies (measured and/or simulated), golden load
    topologies
7. Timing verification
8. Strategies for further adoption of IBIS (more IC vendors, generating press
    interest, expanding scope to more of the world, Standards Committees, etc.)
9. Other (Specify) _________________

Please send comments to the reflector or directly to me,

           hobbswil@ccm.hf.intel.com

Thanks.

Will Hobbs, Intel