80 column line extension

From: Stephen Peters <speters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Fri Dec 10 1993 - 08:37:08 PST

Hello IBIS folks --

Eric Bracken writes:

>Is it time to contemplate an "extension" character (a la the famed "+"
>in Spice) that can be used to break long lines up across several
>"physical" lines of the input file without violating the sacred and
>venerable limit of 80 characters?

  Well, we could, but in the case were talking about the information
is suposed to be formated in specific columns with column headers.
It doesn't do much for human readability (or understanding) to have
something like:

COLUMN 1 COLUMN2 COLUMN 3 +
--------- ------- --------
COLUMN4 COLUMN5
------- -------

DATA DATA DATA +
DATA DATA
DATA DATA DATA +
DATA DATA

     It seems to me that the problem is with trying to DISPLAY the
essential pwr/gnd mapping information. Perhaps there is a better
way to format this information? Maybe another keyword? I don't
know, im just offering food for thought.

        Best Regards,
        Stephen Peters
        Intel Corp.