80-columns and EMAIL

From: Arpad Muranyi <Arpad_Muranyi@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Mon Dec 13 1993 - 20:06:44 PST

One more comment on the 80-column issue. The IBIS files should not only be
human readable but easy to transfer via EMAIL.

We need to consider that some EMAIL softwares automatically wrap long lines and
not only wrap but add an extra symbol to the beginning of the wrapped line to
indicate that it was wrapped. Now, imagine you get an ibis file that is several
thousand lines long, full with such automatically added trash in it.

Are you going to edit it manually, or write a program to put it back to it's
original format?

CCMAIL does this, and there were times when I could not use electronically
received SPICE model files for this reason.

Arpad