Re: BIRD #??? (yet to be issued)

From: Don A Telian <Don_A_Telian@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Wed Dec 01 1993 - 15:47:01 PST

Kumar,

Many signals will reference multiple pwr or gnd pins. How would you
handle that? The BIRD seems to make allowance for only one pin. Is
the bussing of "GND2" carried through its name?

Don Telian

Hi guys:

I am sorry I forgot the procedure to issue a BIRD. Here is my proposal
which has to yet get the official BIRDIE seal.

------------cut---------------------------------------------------------------

---
                Buffer Issue Resolution Document  (BIRD)
BIRD ID#: 	????
ISSUE TITLE:	Pwr and gnd pin mapping
REQUESTER:	C. Kumar, Cadence Design Systems
DATE SUBMITTED: December 1, 1993
DATE ACCEPTED BY IBIS OPEN FORUM:
-*
-*
STATEMENT OF THE ISSUE:  This proposal addresses the need to extend the
IBIS specification to include ground and power pin mappings.
-*
STATEMENT OF THE RESOLVED SPECIFICATIONS:
The proposal is to add two more optional columns to the pin specification
statement. These columns are named gnd (for ground) and pwr (power). These
identify the power and ground pins associated with the signal pin in
question. Following is an example:
Pin]	signal_name	model_name	gnd	pwr
1	RAS0#		Buffer1		10	18
2	RAS1#		Buffer2		12	20
10	GND		GND1
12	GND		GND2
18	Vcc3		PWR1
20	Vcc5		PWR2
-*
ANALYSIS PATH/DATA THAT LED TO SPECIFICATION:
1. There are devices which have multiple power and ground supplies. The
   above format will unambiguosely identify the power and ground pins
   associated with a given signal. Besides the suggested extension is
   evolutionary and should be easy to digest.
ANY OTHER BACKGROUND INFORMATION:
-*