Re: BIRD 12, non-linear ramps

From: Kellee Crisafulli <71436.1314@CompuServe.COM>
Date: Wed Apr 27 1994 - 09:47:08 PDT

From: Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx

I really like the concept you are working on with bird 12. However I am
concerned about how various simulators will use the data. I don't believe
the proposed specification goes far enough in explaining what the simualtor
should model. This a really nice specification from the stand point of the
expected output at a single load point. If we don't specify in more detail
what the simulators are suppose to do I am concerned that they will not
produce the same results.

Is there a way to define this information in terms of the original SPICE model
created by INTEL. I could guess at what might be done, however if you have
already played with this it might be very useful. A postscript file like Jon
sent might be a good way to communicate this.

Also how are the load components connect? I have a pretty good guess, but I
would like to see this in the specification also.
R_load 50
V_load 1.5
C_load 10p
L_load 2n

This is a great start on the BIRD... Kellee