IO Files Pared to .ibs

From: John Brennan (446-6982) <jrbren@VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon Aug 01 1994 - 12:42:11 PDT

Greetings,

I am generating a directory of IO circuit data where the
directory will contain the data for a given IO(what would be
under the [model] keyword). This data will be parsed
into a [component] by the chip designer. I want to mark
the IO by date, file rev, and ibis version. There are keywords for this
at the component level, but if I put these in my IO files,
there will be mulitple occurances of these keywords in a .ibs file
(1 occurance for each IO). Should I...

1.) leave the keywords in there since IBIS does not care if
    there are multiple occurances of these keywords.

2.) Comment them out, so the parsers will not see the dates, but
    they will still show up in the .ibs file as comments.

Also, is there any existing software out there that can read the
[Pin] keyword model_name, and given directory, go get the ibis data
for that file and append to the present file that would contain the
[Pin] list?

Please advise.

Thanks again,
John Brennan