IBIS - DIET - OMF

From: Syed Huq <huq@rockie.nsc.com>
Date: Tue Aug 23 1994 - 09:58:42 PDT

Hi,
Recently I came across an article in Electronic Engineering Times about
a Modeling standard called OMF(Open Model Forum). This forum uses Logic
Modeling's Swift as an interface and they are a part of CFI(CAD Framework
Initiative).

OMF is trying to standardize it's methodology and has over 40 EDA, semi-
conductor and model vendors as members. OMF's main goal is model inter
operability, protection of IC vendors intellectual property...

This to me seems very similar to IBIS.

Also, I have been getting copied on the DIET(Die Information Exchange
for Timing)mettings coming up. I thought the DIE forum references IBIS
for Signal Integrity Analysis. Then what is this DIET ??

I am sure there are IBIS members who participate in both the OMF and
DIET forums. How about making some comments about the key differences
between all these forums..

Regards,
Syed huq
National Semiconductor