Re: IBIS: Draft Press Release, Pls comment by 12/13/94

From: Mike Ventham <ventham@quantic.mb.ca>
Date: Mon Dec 12 1994 - 11:52:33 PST

Inhabitants of IBIS,

Here are my humble comments on the press-release. Comments are in parentheses.

Greetings for the appropriate religious/capitalist season.

Mike

> Text item: Text_1
>

> IBISians,
>
> Below is my rough-cut draft of a 2.1 press release. Please post
> comments/suggestions to the reflector by 4:00 pm Tuesday 12/13/94. I will
> craft a revision and post it for email acceptance Wednesday.
>
> Derrick Duehren
> XTG TPV Programs Manager, Intel Corp. |
> Phone (503) 696-4299 | "Experience is not what happens to
> Fax (503) 696-4904 | you; it's what you do with what
> Derrick_Duehren@ccm.jf.intel.com | happens to you."
> 5200 NE Elam Young Pkwy. JF1-97 | - Aldous Huxley
> Hillsboro, OR 97224 |
>

> For more information contact:
> IBIS Open Forum For Immediate Release
> Will Hobbs, (503) 696-4369
> Jon Powell, (805) 988-8250
>
> IBIS Press Release
> DRAFT 12/5/94
>
> Rev 2.1 of IBIS Signal Integrity Model Specification Announced
> IBIS Standard that Supports Early, Accurate Models for Signal Integrity
> Simulations of High-speed Digital Systems Now Supports More Functions
>
> HILLSBORO, Ore. _ December 9, 1994 _ A group of Electronic Design Automation
> (EDA) and semiconductor companies today announced the ratification and
> acceptance of Revison 2.1 of the I/O Buffer Information Specification (IBIS)
> standard for integrity models. This improved and refined standard adds support
              ^
              signal
> for non-linear ramps, differential I/O, __________________,
                                          termination components,
> ___________________, and __________________________.
ECL characteristics improved package models

> IBIS is a consistent format that semiconductor vendors can use to specify the
> analog characteristics of input and output buffers. This essential information
> is readily transformed into accurate models by end users and simulation tool
> vendors. The resulting behavioral models enable users to perform high-speed,
> accurate signal-integrity simulations of their digital system interconnects.
>
> The IBIS Version 2.1 specification was developed through the cooperative
> efforts of simulator vendors and semiconductor companies who together comprise
> the IBIS Open Forum (see the attached roster).

(Do we want to mention the parser?)

> IBIS Models Available
>
> Intel, _______, and _______ have posted public models to the vhdl.org database.
         Intel Intel

> Group Plans to Formalize Standard in Early 1995
>
> The IBIS Open Forum believes the specification is sufficiently robust and
> comprehensive to be taken to the standards community for formal adoption.
 (I guess we don't want to say how or who at the moment?)
 This is planned to take place in the first quarter of 1995.

> For More Information
>
> For more information about the IBIS Open Forum, send an e-mail request to
> ibis-info@vhdl.org or call Karen Kirkpatrick, Cadence Design Systems, (508)
> 262-6448. All of the documents and publicly available models are currently
> accessible via the public repository of VHDL International's Internet based
> machine (vhdl.org, 198.31.14.3). FTP, Gopher, and public dial-in access
> methods are all supported.
   (What no multimedia/WWW/Mosaic access ?)

--
| Mike Ventham - Vice President Engineering, Quantic Laboratories Inc, |