RE: typ, min, max condition specification

From: Stephen Peters <speters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Tue Feb 08 1994 - 12:19:12 PST

Hello Bert --

     To answer your second question first: The 'min' data is taken
under the conditions that cause the slowest ristime/weakest drive
while the 'max' data is taken under the conditions that cause the
fastest risetime/strongest drive.

     Your first question is a good one. According to Don Telian
(one of the originators of IBIS) the original intention was to
start with a typical model and then vary the voltage/temp/process
to get a "reasonable" min/max model. The temperature points of
50, 0 and 100 were convienent and spaned a wide temperature range.
There is nothing in the spec that says you can't do it over a
different temperature range, however, it might be good to include a
note in the file saying what temp range your models min and max
were taken at.

        Best Regards,
        Stephen Peters
        Intel Corp.