10 db improvement at what frequency

From: Kellee Crisafulli <71436.1314@CompuServe.COM>
Date: Thu Jan 20 1994 - 00:56:20 PST

To: ravender goyal
From: Kellee Crisafulli

Re: Reply to: RE>Do IBIS models support EMI
10 db of difference at what frequency? One has to specify the freq when
you talk about the radiated power. I will have hard time to believe
that it was 10 db of difference from dc to optical freq.

Response:
So would I.

The 10dB I spoke of came from one of our customers attempting to meet the
FCC radiation limit. The 10dB improvment was noted at several frequences
which were either exceeding or nearly exceeding the FCC limit. This is
after all the point for many people.

The customer found that his product was nearly exceeding or was actually
slightly exceeding the FCC limit before performing a signal integrity
cleanup pass on his board (no termination etc.). After cleaning up all his
signals he was able to meet or exceed the safety margins needed to meet the
FCC requirements. The 10db was a relative improvement at the worst
frequencies. He considered this a nice side benefit to making his signals
clean....

Have a great day..... Kellee