Re: BIRD 7 from Arpad

From: Arpad Muranyi <Arpad_Muranyi@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Fri Jan 21 1994 - 13:09:19 PST

Text item: Text_1

Dear IBIS watchers,

It seems to me that it really does not matter whether that open
something is a DRAIN, or SOURCE, or COLLECTOR or EMITTER. That is
described by the V/I curve. All we need to tell the simulator is
whether the particular element that is left there in the device is
connected to POWER or GND. I feel we should either use JUST ONE of the
existing terms, such as open drain, or open collector in a general (and
somewhat inaccurate) manner, or we might coin a new term that means what
we want to say without aggrovating those of us who like to mean what we
say. In either case, ONE keyword (or subkeyword, whatever it is) should
be sufficient to achieve the goal.

Something like "open pulldown" could replace "open drain" and an
additional "open pullup" might take care of all possibilities. (Unless
I am missing the point). We can figure out how to spell them later if
we decide on these terms.

Otherwise I agree with the intent of the BIRD.

Arpad