Re: EGG1.0; specifying the .PKG file

From: <bracken@valhalla.performance.com>
Date: Fri Mar 04 1994 - 12:19:11 PST

To IBIS folks:

  Please forgive my unresponsiveness or any bounced e-mail messages.
Our router is back up now and hopefully will stay that way for a few
days.

To Mike Ventham:

  Could you expand on your Point Number 4 please? It's not clear
to me what you're saying.

  Regarding your point number 2: the conditional compilation would
work, but wouldn't this mean that we would then need to have two
separate sets of IBIS files, one for Dad's Operating System and the
other for Eunuchs? Maybe we should just allow BOTH "\" and "/" as
a subdirectory separation character, and forbid the user from employing
them as regular characters in file names. (This doesn't sound like it
would be too hard a restriction to live by. "\" is often ignored
in UNIX shells anyway.)

  Regarding your point 5: yes, the vendor should beware. That brings
up another point. Even if the die sizes are the same, are the
locations of the bonding pads on the die necessarily the same from one
IC to another? And what if there are some NC's (do they omit the bond
wires)? That would alter the RLC matrices.

--Eric