Re: EGG1.0; specifying the .PKG file

From: Mike Ventham <ventham@quantic.mb.ca>
Date: Fri Mar 04 1994 - 14:24:05 PST

Eric,
Thanks for your speedy reply

> Could you expand on your Point Number 4 please? It's not clear
> to me what you're saying.

To clarify, if I receive an email of an IBS together of an email of the
package file I can use the Keyword: [File name] to know what filename
to save the ibis file message as. I therefore also need the equivalent
for the package message so that the package file has the right name
for the ibs file to reference. The other keywords I think it will need
are [IBIS Ver],[File Rev],[Date],[Source],[Notes],[Disclaimer].

> Regarding your point number 2: the conditional compilation would
> work, but wouldn't this mean that we would then need to have two
> separate sets of IBIS files, one for Dad's Operating System and the
> other for Eunuchs? Maybe we should just allow BOTH "\" and "/" as
> a subdirectory separation character, and forbid the user from employing
> them as regular characters in file names. (This doesn't sound like it
> would be too hard a restriction to live by. "\" is often ignored
> in UNIX shells anyway.)

Actually, I meant that the packages directory is a search path and
does not need to be explicitly mentioned in the file, and therefore
avoid having any seperation characters, thus getting round the OS
issue. This is similar to the include file search in compilers.

> Regarding your point 5: yes, the vendor should beware. That brings
> up another point. Even if the die sizes are the same, are the
> locations of the bonding pads on the die necessarily the same from one
> IC to another? And what if there are some NC's (do they omit the bond
> wires)? That would alter the RLC matrices.

Ezacally my point !

> --Eric

Mike

--
|  Mike Ventham   Vice President Engineering                                  |