Series resistance

From: Bob Ward <bward@sugar.NeoSoft.Com>
Date: Mon Mar 14 1994 - 18:43:21 PST

In following up on the discussion in the forum call about the series
resistance, and the fact that it is actually a Silicon resistance, not a
package resistance, I discovered that we actually use a highly
non-linear resistor in this position, at least in some parts. In fact
it is saturable such that as voltage increases, current only continues
to increase up to a point. Thus it would seem that we need to be able
to specify a table of values for this resistor, either an RV or an IV
table. Probably an IV table makes more sense. Comments?

Thanks,