Comments on Bird to add a new section for [Model] sub-parameters

From: Greg Doyle <kksys!intgrty!gdoyle>
Date: Mon May 02 1994 - 07:33:38 PDT

To: IBIS group

I want to express my support for the BIRD submitted by
John Keifer which is designed to add specified load parameters
to the [Model] section. I think it is good to include anything
which is considered to be "data book" information into the model
description. I would actually like to see these parameters
become required, but we'll take what we can get for now.

I would like to see us also add two
extra parameters (Vref & Rref). These extra two parameters
would allow this keyword to be extended to support open
collector/drain devices as well as ECL devices. With these
parameters added, we would probably be able to have 95+% coverage
of all devices. Thus, I propose the specified load schematic look
as follows:

|\
| \
| / | |