Bird 14 thread

From: Bob Ward <bward@sugar.NeoSoft.Com>
Date: Thu May 12 1994 - 11:26:40 PDT

Hi, all you ibis folk -

I have just seen some mail suggesting that this bird takes ibis beyond SI and
into timing analysis. I opened that box a while ago, as Kumar referred to in
suggesting setup and hold times. The concensus was that we should not try to
be all things to all people at this time, and I agree. In particular I feel
that if we are going to go to general board level timing capabilities, which I
feel is a good way to go and is very valuable, we need to discuss it a LOT more
deeply than we possibly can before version 2. I move that we table this until after
version 2 and some resolution of the specifics of levels and nest this in version
3 discussions. Or at least 2.n where n > 0. This is worthy of careful work as
it offers a very real selling point for IBIS, but if it is not carefully done
the selling value will be negative.

Bob Ward bward@neosoft.com or bward@dadhb1.ti.com