(no subject)

From: Larry Saunders <lfs@Synopsys.COM>
Date: Mon Nov 21 1994 - 13:05:57 PST

I sent this note out about a week ago but got several requests for instructions
on how to access DIET information on the VHDL.ORG machine. See the instructions
below.

>The DIET Format Version 0.9 is complete!
>
>You may get a copy from the VHDL.ORG machine. It is in /pub/die/diet0-9.
>
>Comments would be appreciated. We will review the new version at the
>DIE Workshop on 12/16.

This document and related information are available from the VHDL International
Internet Services machine.

Dial-Up access:
Dial-up the VHDL.org system at (415) 335-0110. Any baud (up to 14,400), parity,
start & stop bits, and v.* settings will do. Login using the "guest" account.
Once in, simple UNIX commands such as "cd pub/die", "ls" and "cat" are
available. You can download any desired files using "kermit", "xmodem" or
"sz" (zmodem).

Internet access:
Use "ftp VHDL.org" (or "ftp 198.31.14.3") and login as user "anonymous".
Remember to set "binary" mode for any binary files you may select. Also, gopher
is available and highly recommended if you have it available.

Email access:
There is an email FTP archive server on the machine. Send an email message to
archive@VHDL.org. The subject is ignored. If a line in the body of the
message begins with "help", then a descriptive help file of commands is sent.
Basically, you communicate to the server through commands in the mail message
body. It then responds to your commands via email. You should always add the
command "path <your_email_address>" to any message to assure the return
address is understood.

The following example assumes you have initiated a mail message to
archive@VHDL.org. The body of the email message should be:.
path lfs@synopsys.com Email address to send results to
send pub/die/diet0-9/ diet0-9.ps For a postscript file of the DIET document
send pub/die/diet0-9/diet0-9.rtf For a RTF file of the DIET document
send pub/die/diet0-9/example.tim For a text file containing format examples
send pub/die/diet0-9/diet0-9.exe For the MS-DOS ZIP'ed version of the
entire package

Larry Saunders
lfs@mcimail.com or lfs@synopsys.com
408-894-0119 415-694-1837
408-894-0119 (fax) 415-965-8637 (fax)
1426 Cedarmeadow Ct 700 East Middlefield Rd, Bldg C
San Jose, CA Mountain View, CA
95131 94043-4033